MEP Jens-Peter Bonde has been an elected member of the European Parliament since 1979 for his party in Denmark the JuneMovement. He retired from the European Parliament 9 May 2008 and continue his activities in the EUDemocrats (http://www.eudemocrats.org) which is a European Political Party. Bonde is also educating interns for Libertas.
Bonde is currently the interim president of the party which was created to oppose the ever-closer integration process in the EU. The concern of the EUDemocrats is that before taking any more steps towards more EU integration, there should be a deep reform of its institutions and a real debate with EU citizens on the direction Europe is taking.
The EUDemocrats are not withdrawalists as we hope and believe the EU could still be reformed. Therefore we fight for more flexibility, transparency, democratic control, real subsidiarity and decentralisation. Furthermore, we oppose the draft EU Constitution which is now called the « Lisbon Treaty » and we support the organisation of national referendums on the future of Europe.
Bonde awaits the EUD congress in Copenhagen on the 4th of April in order to start his new work. His aim is to help establish ‘June Movement’ – like groups in all Europe. These groups will be meant to have more seats for Euro-critical lists working critically BUT CONSTRUCTIVELY in the next European Parliament.
Main functions: Assisting Jens-Peter Bonde in his daily work within the EUDemocrats
Starting date: To be determined (April/beginning May)
Duration: Six months, full time, Monday-Friday
Remuneration: Contribution to your rent
Key responsibilities include:
• Ongoing updates of the websites http://www.euabc.eu and http://www.bonde.com
• Administrative work such as organising of Bonde’s agenda
• Contact to staff and members of the EU Democrats
• Elaboration of information material
Knowledge, experience and skills required:
• English to native-speaker level, Danish an advantage
• University degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of EU affairs and issues
• Flair for politics
• Excellent communications and language skills
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
• Website editing experience an advantage
The closing date for applications is 14th April 2008. Applications received by this date will take priority; however, late applications will be considered if the position has not been filled.